How to translate extra fees by WPML Plugin
WPML is a popular plugin for translating the text within your website into various languages for your international customers. One of the benefits of the WooCommerce Extra Fees Plugin is that you can define regions worldwide and offer varying extra fees for each. But that means customers speak different languages, so you will want to ensure that your titles translate accordingly.
Before we get started if you do not have a copy of WPML, you can purchase one here.
Start by installing and activating the following:
- WooCommerce Extra Fees Plugin (3.9.2+)
- WPML Multilingual CMS
- String Translation
- WooCommerce Multilingual
If you’re new to WPML, check out their Getting Started Guide. It quickly walks you through all the translation options you can use.
Enabling Extra Fees plugin fields translation
- Install both plugins WPML and WooCommerce Extra Fees Plugin.
- To enable translation for the Extra fee plugin (if you can not translate from the plugin setting page.)
- Follow the flow: WPML - > Settings -> Post types section
- As shown in the screenshot below we need to select the "Translatable" option.
- After the above settings, click on the "Save" button. After that, you need to create all the extra fees for each language.
Note: All the current created fees are automatically moved to your default language.
Note: If you have Translate Everything Automatically turned on, our translatable field will be automatically translated.
Translating the Fees
- We can see the list of specific language fees by selecting a language from the admin bar menu.
- Then if we want to translate the Fee from our listing page. You can do this by clicking the plus icon corresponding to the fee which you want to translate from the listing as shown below. Also you can update that fee by clicking on the pencil icon.
- Add your translations to the Advanced Translation Editor.