How to Create an Advanced Linked Variations Group?
Note: The created advanced Linked Variations group will behave as per Linked Variation Settings configured for the plugin.
An Advanced Linked Variation Group, created using the Advanced Linked Variations for WooCommerce Plugin, comprises one or multiple linked variations. Each of these variations can be a group of products, categories, or tags. You can specify the attribute terms and their display format for each variation.
Later, all the products falling in the scope of the linked variation group will appear as product variants of each other to your buyers.
To create a Linked Variations group, follow these steps:
- Go to the Linked Variations Group from the plugin dashboard once you login to your WordPress backend as admin.
- Click on the Add New button.
- Add a title for your linked variations group.
- Now, in the configuration section on the current page, you can add one or multiple linked variations to this group.
- Select an option from the Linked by (attributes) dropdown for the first linked variable. Your options are:
- Select products, categories or tags to be linked, as per your pick in the previous step.
- Now, click on the Expand button to specify the visibility of selected images by attribute terms.
- Select the attributes to be displayed by ticking the checkbox for the desired attributes.
- Select Show Images if you want to display icons for the attributes terms. To show text links, leave the corresponding checkboxes unchecked.
- Click on the Add Linked Variations link (at the bottom of the Configuration section) to add more variations for this group.
- Click on the Publish button to save this group.
- Modify Linked Variations Settings > Basic Configuration to control the visibility of linked variations in your store and click on the Save Changes button.
Please note that all linked variations in a group work in mutual exclusivity.