How to Create Custom Shipping Zones
- For countries
- For states and countries
- For zip codes (cities or regions from different countries)
Use of Shipping Zones
A Shipping Zone is a geographical area to which you ship items. You can get as specific as you need, right down to regions and zip codes, or you can leave it more general – whichever suits you best.
Customers only see the methods available for their address and corresponding zone. Each customer matches only one zone.
|ZONE NAME||REGION||SHIPPING METHODS|
|Local||Georgia ZIP 45215||Local pickup|
|Domestic||UK||2 Flat rates named “standard” and “priority”|
|Europe||Countries in Europe||Flat rate shipping|
Adding & managing zones
Adding a new zone
- Go to: Dotstore plugin >> Advanced Flat Rate Shipping Method For WooCommerce >> Manage Shipping Zones >>
- Click the Add shipping zone button at the top.
Screenshot - 1: (Admin: Shipping zone list)
3. Enter a descriptive Zone Name, and select Zone Regions that apply. Regions can consist of: a) Countries, b) States, c) Continents.
Screenshot - 2: (Admin: Shipping zone configuration)
Custom Shipping Zone - Add Name, Choose Type and insert values
4. Save changes in the shipping zone
5. Create a shipping method and assign zone for this shipping method
5. Save changes.
How zones work for customers
Using these shipping zones and methods:
Screenshot - 3: (Admin: Shipping zone list)
Example 1: In the 8804 zip code in Swaziland, I offer Local Pickup and Free Shipping.
Screenshot - 4: (shipping method front view)
Example 2: In Turkey, I offer a Domestic Flat Rate.
Screenshot - 5: (shipping method front view)
Example 3: In Australia, I offer a different Flat Rate.
Screenshot - 6: (shipping method front view)
This is what your customers would see if they use the Calculate Shipping option.