Advanced Fees Price Rules - Cost on Category
How to Use the ‘Cost on Category’ Advanced Fee Rule.
The ‘Cost on Category’ advanced fee rule works with your extra fee rules and settings. Using this, you can apply a fee amount for a minimum and a maximum quantity of items belonging to the added category. And the amount or percentage entered in the ‘Fee Amount’ field will be used for increasing, decreasing, or using the same fee amount as per the category’s items in your cart.
How it works:
Let’s say you have mentioned minimum quantity as ‘x’ and maximum quantity as ‘x+y’. So, it has created a range of y items of a category.
Now, to increase the fee amount for this range per added item count, keep the fee amount positive. To decrease the amount with increasing items, keep it negative.
The fee amount will be added to the base fee amount, which you’ve filled in the Fee section of the main form (Fee configuration) of this method. So, if you add $1, then the customers will be charged a base fee + $1 for the x items while the base fee + $5 for x+4 items.
Suppose you want to charge a fee of $15 for 12 to 24 items, $25 for 25 to 35 items, and $30 for 36 to 40 items in the Hoodies category. Here's how to set it up:
- Go to the Fee section of the main form (Fee configuration) and add a base fee amount.
- Go to the Advanced Fee Rules section and select the ‘Cost on Category’ rule.
- In the rule configuration, select the 'Hoodies' category and set the following ranges:
- Minimum quantity as 12 and the maximum quantity as 24, with a fee amount of $10.
- Minimum quantity as 25 and the maximum quantity as 35, with a fee amount of $20.
- Minimum quantity as 36 and the maximum quantity as 40, with a fee amount of $25.
- Save the changes.
If the product category is 'Hoodies' and the quantity is between 12 to 24, the fee amount will be $15 ($5 base fee + $10 additional fee). If the quantity is between 25 to 35, the fee amount will be $25 ($5 base fee + $20 additional fee). And if the quantity is between 36 to 40, the fee amount will be $30 ($5 base fee + $25 additional fee).
Screenshot - 1: (Admin: "Cost on Category" based advanced rule)
As shown on the Cart Page, here we have the 'Hoodies' category products in the cart, and the quantity is between 25 to 35, So the fee amount will be $25 ($5 base fee + $20 additional fee).
Screenshot - 3: (Extra fee front side view)