Advanced Fees Price Rules - Cost on Product Weight
How to Use the "Cost on Product Weight" Advanced Fees Price Rule.
The Advanced Fees Price Rule "Cost on Product Weight" is a helpful feature that allows you to apply gradually increasing, decreasing, or stable fee amounts to a particular range of product weight.
This feature requires you to set the minimum and maximum weight range of the product and the amount that will be added or subtracted per kilogram. By keeping the fee amount zero, you can maintain a stable extra fee cost throughout the range.
How it works:
Let’s say you have mentioned minimum weight as ‘x’ and maximum weight as ‘x+12’ where the weight is in kilograms. So, it has created a range of 12kgs for a particular product, as you’ve selected.
Now, to increase the fee amount for this range per added kg, keep the fee positive. To decrease the amount with increasing weight, keep it negative. The fee amount will be added to the base fee amount, which you’ve filled in the Fee section of this method's main form (Fee configuration).
So, if you add $1, the customers will be charged a base fee + $1 for the x kgs while the base fee + $5 for x+4kgs.
Let's say you want to charge the customer with $10 as a base fee, and an additional fee of $0.5 if they buy 4-10 kg of AR Casting, an additional fee of $2 if they buy 11-20 kg, and an additional fee of $4 if they buy 21-30 kg. Here's how to set it up:
- Go to the configuration section of the main form (Fee Configuration) and add a base fee amount of $10.
- Go to the Advanced Fees Price Rules section and select the 'Cost on Product Weight' rule.
- In the rule configuration, set the following weight ranges and fee amounts:
- Minimum weight as 4 and the maximum weight as 10, with an amount of $0.5.
- Minimum weight as 11 and the maximum weight as 20, with an amount of $2.
- Minimum weight as 21 and the maximum weight as 30, with an amount of $4.
- Save the changes.
Now, if a customer buys 6 kg of AR Casting, the fee will be calculated as follows:
- Base fee of $10
- An additional fee of $0.5 for the weight range of 4-10 kg
- Total fee = Base fee + Additional fee = $10 + $0.5 = $10.5
If a customer buys 15 kg of AR Casting, the fee will be calculated as follows:
- Base fee of $10
- An additional fee of $2 for the weight range of 11-20 kg
- Total fee = Base fee + Additional fee = $10 + $2 = $12
And, so on...
Screenshot - 1: (Admin: "Cost on Product Weight" based advanced rule)
Screenshot - 2: (Extra fee front side view)